Skinless boneless chicken cut into small pieces -- I used a small tray of chicken
Ginger cut into small pieces - aprrox. 2 inches long ginger
Garlic cut into small pieces -- around 3-4 cloves
Coriander leaves -- 4-5 stems
Onions diced -- 1 big
All purpose flour - 4 tbsp
Egg - 1
Green pepper - 1 cut into small pieces
chilli powder, salt, balck pepper to taste
Vinegar - 5 tablespoons
Soya Sauce -2 tbsp.
Green chillies - 10 cut into small pieces
Food color - red
- Mix the all purpose flour, beaten egg, ginger garlic paste, salt, chilli powder to make a paste.
- Add the chicken to the paste and let it for 45 minutes
- Deep fry the chicken pieces.
- In another pan heat a little oil in a pan and fry the onions, bell pepper, ginger and garlic pieces and the green chillies.
- Add the vinegar, soya sauce
- Mix the food color
- Add the fried chicken pieces to the mixture.
Now this is your dry chilli chicken and you can garnish with corriander. But if you want the wet one. Take chicken stock and add to the mixture before adding the chicken pieces. Allow the stock to boil. In a seperate bowl mix around 1 tbsp of corn starch with water and add it to the boiling mixture. I would add little by little to attain the consistency. And then add the chicken pieces. Wait for 3-5 min and turn off the heat. Garnish with corriander.
- Do not add too much corn starch. It will turn out sticky
- Adding Chicken stock works way much better than adding water as most of the recipes suggest.