My photos did not turn out as great as the soup. Approximations used, please change as needed.So here is what I did
Potatoes: 1 small cubed
Carrot: 1/2 cubed
Onions: 1 small diced
Garlic: 2 cut finely
Frozen corn: 1 cup
Chicken Broth: 1 cup (you can use vegetable broth)
Water: 1 cup
Coconut milk: 1/2 cup
Salt, pepper as desired
Hot Sauce (I used sri racha) (hmmm 3 squeezes I guess)
Curry powder (I had madras curry powder) - 1-2 tbsp ( the more the merrier if you like more spice)
- Saute onions, garlic in 1-2 tbsp of oil.
- Once onions are browned, add the carrots, potatoes and let them cook until they are almost cooked. (They should be still firm but cooked)
- Add salt, pepper, hot sauce, curry powder and stir them until all veggies are coated well.
- Add the corn, chicken broth, water, salt, and pepper
- Let them boil for 5-10 minutes and cool them. I used my hand blender and just blended them coarsely. I like my veggies chunky in the soup. If you are a person who likes there soup smooth, I guess blend it more. Once its blended put the pot back on the stove and add coconut milk and heat again.
- Garnish with cilantro and enjoy!!!!!
To describe how it tastes... its sweet from the corn, spicy from the hot sauce and the curry powder and overall tasty and yummy.